the rest is still unwritten

Saturday, June 19, 2010

LifeTrack: Something to Talk About - Bonnie Raitt

The first song I'm posting under the LifeTrack category holds a special place in my heart:

SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT by Bonnie Raitt


Gah, I just love this song. It's sassy and fun - makes you feel gooood. This song basically talks about making the most of people gossiping about your private affairs. And when you're a boy who looks like a girl, who likes boys that like girls, there exists a general widespread preoccupation with the people you, umm, (insert verb here).

This song cemented its position on the top of the list of my favorite songs of all time when I chose it as my senior solo for my college a cappella group: the Buffers. It's a shame I was only able to rock out to it onstage three times, but I know there's a video somewhere, and when that surfaces you best believe it'll be on here.

For now, enjoy this clip I borrowed from YouTube. I could only find the live version (it has a swankier tempo anyway) since the video version couldn't be embedded. Enjoy!




HAPPY WEEKEND!
and give 'em something to talk about!


Video imported from YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment